1) Another word for a bird’s nose:
2) A bird’s respiratory system consists of:
3) A crop on a bird is:
4) True or False:
All parrots have a preen gland.
5) True or False:
6) Most birds have three toes in front and one toe in back, but parrots have two and two in front and back. This is called:
7) True or false:
8) Regarding a parrot’s vision:
9) True or False:
10) True or False:
1) D. Nostrils built into the beak are called nares, and nose holes in a fleshy area are called ceres.
2) B. Bird’s respiratory systems are ultra-efficient for flight and vocalizing. They actually take in more oxygen than humans.
3) C. After they swallow, it’s where the food goes.
4) False. Amazons and Pionus are among the parrots that do not have them.
5) Clean and “zipped up” feathers are essential for flight. If a bird can’t fly in the wild, he’s clearly in danger!
6) A. Zygodactyl
7) True. Fun fact: A macaw’s powerful beak can exert pressure equal to 500-700 pounds per square inch!
8) D. A parrot’s vision is superb, and scientists are still learning new things about it.
10) False. It’s composed of three: green or brown feces, white urates and clear urine.